- in Accelerating the Transition, Africa, Air Pollution, climate, Climate change, Climate Change Adjustment, Climate change impact, climate progress, Desalination, Economics, Electricity consumers, Electricity Users, Energy, Energy consumers, Energy storage, EVs, LNG, LNG Transition, Low Carbon Future, Low Carbon Future, microgrids, Nuclear, poverty alleviation, economic growth, entrepreneurship, global warming, climate, Sustainability, Sustainable economics, Toxic emissions, Transition to lower carbon, Transportation, Uncategorized, Water
- Leave a comment
Or we could be using it to make electricity to eliminate the need for all of the diesel, and fuel oil-fired generation.
Today, natural gas-fired generation is actually carbon negative
Permian producers are facing a difficult choice; pay a premium to haul off excess natural gas or literally burn it, and their profits
- in Accelerating the Transition, climate, Climate change, Climate Change Adjustment, Climate change impact, Climate denial, climate progress, Covert Deceptions, Deforestation, Destructive Charity, Economics, Electricity consumers, Electricity Users, Energy, Energy consumers, Energy storage, EVs, LNG, Low Carbon Future, Low Carbon Future, microgrids, Nuclear, Overt Deceptions, Renewable Based Thermal Energy, Renewable Energy, Solar, Sorting the lies, Sustainability, Sustainability Marketing, Toxic emissions, Water, Wind
- Leave a comment
There are many ways we can stem global warming, but it’s counter to the real intent behind “renewable” energy. I’m committed to sharing what will work.
This article, in Common Dreams illuminates why so much of what I’m writing and posting seems to contradict the “Status Quo” media created “Reality”
Legendary broadcast journalist Bill Moyers has said:
“We’ve got to get alternative content out there to people, or this country’s going to die of too many lies.”
Moyers was asked what the corporate media means for our democracy:
“It means that virtually everything the average person sees or hears, outside of their own personal communications, is determined by the interests of private, unaccountable executives and investors whose primary goal is increasing profits and raising the share prices. More insidiously, this small group of elites determines what ordinary people do not see or hear. In-depth coverage of anything, let alone the problems real people face day-to-day, is as scarce as sex, violence, and voyeurism are pervasive.”
“So if we need to know what is happening, and Big Media won’t tell us; if we need to know why it matters, and Big Media won’t tell us; if we need to know what to do about it, and Big Media won’t tell us, it’s clear what we have to do. We have to tell the story ourselves.”
That’s what we are trying to do here—tell the story ourselves. Every day we work to tell you what is happening; why it matters, and what to do about it.
“I came upon Common Dreams a long time ago, found that Common Dreams was editing the world in a way that did not deny me what I needed to know, but guided me toward what I wanted to know. Common Dreams has done a brilliant job of creating an editorial product that takes so much good material, and brings it together in one place,” said Moyers.
If you believe the survival of independent media is vital to do the kind of watchdog journalism that a healthy democracy requires, please step forward with a donation today.
We won’t make it without your support.
We can’t do it without you.
It’s a huge undertaking to slow climate change, but we’ve done big things before.
- in Accelerating the Transition, Air Pollution, Economics, Electricity consumers, Electricity Users, Energy, Energy storage, EVs, LNG, LNG Transition, Low Carbon Future, microgrids, Nuclear, Renewable Energy, Solar, Sustainability, Toxic emissions, Transition to lower carbon, Uncategorized
- Leave a comment
We need all of the emissions-reducing or eliminating technologies, but methane is now a waste product. It’s coming out of the ground faster than it’s being used, and if it’s not burned in flares, it’s being vented directly into the atmosphere doing 25 times more harm than the CO2 from combustion.
However, if we use it to make electricity, that can, in turn, replace even more fossil fuels, it’s a double win, and the net effect is a net reduction in GHG emissions.
Since natural gas is both schedulable and can add reliability to renewable electricity sources, it supports even more emissions-free electricity.
It is not a panacea, but when we are able to use it, it can replace coal with less than half the CO2 emission, and further eliminates all of the other toxic gases, and ash that burning coal produces.
The hold up with natural gas has always been getting from the wellhead it to the proposed point of use. That has been being solved by building pipelines, but now the powerful and twisted anti-everything advocacies have stopped that, leaving us with only the new solutions made possible by LNG.
And, now we have new effectively “anti-climate progress” groups evaluating and making scary pronouncements against LNG, and using the art of “Isolation,”to ignore the massive benefits that taking the gas emissions back out of the air at the source point.
Leakage, energy cost to liquefy it, product loss during shipping, and so on. What is not even alluded to is that without the LNG processes (Gas-to electricity-powered), there is 100% leakage directly into the atmosphere.
Every part of the LNG process is effectively taking otherwise burned or vented methane out of the air!
I am a nearly radical climate progress advocate, and, as a result, I’ve taken the time to research the whole end to end process, and that shows that Natural Gas and LNG use to make electricity is by far the most environmentally beneficial move we can be making.
In order to make the climate progress that is essential, we must use every tool we have available to reduce total emissions from making electricity. That includes Wind, Solar, Nuclear, and Natural gas, so why can’t we get our heads around doing what will work?
So, let’s start using our whole brains and heading toward the documentable paths that will work.
©William Ross Williams copyright 2019.
By all means, rush down and buy a huge SUV, or Pickup Truck.
In the last 4 years, nearly 1.5 million EVs have been sold. And sales of low mileage vehicles have gone up by 5 million per year or 20 million total.
That total equals 68 million ICE vehicles over 1.5 million EVs. Any wonder why we’re moving backward?
The US has made huge progress in cleaning up its electricity sector. Now onto a bigger challenge.
- in Accelerating the Transition, Air Pollution, Blocking correlation, Covert Deceptions, Deforestation, Economic, consumer buying power,, Economics, Electricity consumers, Electricity Users, Energy, Energy consumers, Energy storage, EVs, Fake Green Misdirection, Indirect undermining, LNG, LNG Transition, Lobby and Covert anti progress legislation, Low Carbon Future, Manipulating Content, New Looks at Old news., Numbing our consciousness., Overt Deceptions, Perfecting subtle misdirection, Renewable Energy, Solar, Sustainability, The Great Deception, Toxic emissions, Transition to lower carbon, Transportation, Uncategorized
- Leave a comment
Publications – Evaluating the Costs and Benefits of Renewable Portfolio Standards | Heartland Institute
I post this with a bit of amusement. At least the “Heartland Institute” doesn’t claim to be climate advocacy, like most of “Climate Change” institutes.
This is a very well written source of publication you can read to be clear on the “story” being published to guarantee minimum renewable energy impact of petroleum consumption. The importance of reading this carefully is set out clearly in Sun Tzu’s “Art of War”
You must know your adversary as well or better than they do.
If we are going to start working toward a low carbon future, we must figure out a way to soften the pain, and maybe even reroute FFIs strategies.
But we have to understand them first.
This paper by Dr. Timothy J.
- in Air Pollution, Blocking correlation, Covert Deceptions, Energy, Energy storage, EVs, Fake Green Misdirection, Indirect undermining, LNG, Lobby and Covert anti progress legislation, Low Carbon Future, Manipulating Content, Nuclear, Overt Deceptions, Perfecting subtle misdirection, Renewable Based Thermal Energy, Renewable Energy, Solar, The Great Deception, The intricate web of deception., Toxic emissions, Uncategorized, Wind
- Leave a comment
Read this article thoughtfully, and completely. It talks about how lobbying influence is controlling Congress and President Trump, and It cleverly fails to mention all of the money spent sponsoring publications by alleged “Climate Champions.”
That’s one reason why climate bills fail even though most Americans think global warming is happening.
- Our status in the Universe.
- When Individuals Are More Innovative Than Teams
- A Brave and Startling Truth: Astrophysicist Janna Levin Reads Maya Angelou’s Stunning Humanist Poem That Flew to Space, Inspired by Carl Sagan – Brain Pickings
- Duke agrees to largest coal ash cleanup in US after years of fighting with environmentalists.
- Burn, Pay, Or Shut It Down: Three Evils For Permian Drillers | OilPrice.com