- in Accelerating the Transition, Africa, agriculture, Agriculture, Agro-Industrial, Air Pollution, Alternative perspectives., Capitalism, climate, Collaboration, Deforestation, Economic, Economic, consumer buying power,, Economics, electricity, Electricity consumers, Electricity Users, Energy, Energy consumers, Energy storage, Energy, Water, Food Nexus, EVs, food, food processing, Full spectrum economics, Greater good., High Value Added Food Processing, Holistic, Humanity, India, Innovation, Innovation, Magic, Philippines, Private Power, Private Power Models, Regenerative, Regenerative Business Design., Regenerative Capitalism, Regenerative Economics, Renewable Energy, Solar, Sustainability, Sustainable economics, Sustainable Water Mangement, Systems Design, Uncategorized, Unimaginable, Water
- Leave a comment
This just came to my inbox, and I haven’t read it, but I know John’s thinking has been like breathing fresh air after 30 years of doing developments in ways considered almost mystical.
In developing private power projects on three continents and getting them financed in ways that caused the World Bank to call me to their Washington D.C. office, to tell me I must cease and desist this disruptive approach.
They were too late, because, when the relationships, understandings, benefits, and probability all come together, as this approach also imagines, it’s alive, everyone has ownership, understands, and stands together through the challenges, and the “unimaginable” becomes the new reality.
I cannot describe the joy that brings to the composer, and I’m still trying to learn how to teach the “magic,” but I do know that it works and keeps on working with the “stakeholders” having the pride of a team like Manchester United.
And, though I’ve experienced that kind of joy and unity before, I thought I was going to die before anyone would be interested again in learning it.
Until synchronicity brought John’s 2015-Regenerative-Capitalism 4-20-15 to my attention, and I started reading it. It’s like a diary of everything I know and have seen working.
And the book “A Finer Future” that he wrote in collaboration with my highly respected friend L. Hunter Lovins, Stewart Wallis, and Anders Wijkman is also a book about a dream I fiercely believe in.
The difference that no one of late, has any idea of is that I’m not hoping it will work, I’ve seen it, and FELT how it works.
I know how “Right Relationship” feels, Viewing wealth “holistically,” “Innovative, adaptive, responsive.” How else are you going to build from dynamic elements? Empowered Participation. That’s what makes teams like Manchester who they are. Honors Community and Place. That’s what Manchester’s flag represents. Edge Effect abundance-essential. That’s what keeps outsiders from ripping at the perimeters of the community. Robust Circulatory flow. That’s why the community needs a heart. A heart that understands that prosperity depends on healthy flow Seeks Balance. No, it craves balance. It feels imbalanced, and when properly designed, is the unseen gravity that pulls and holds everything together.
Our current and modern economy is experiencing more and more entropy. President Trump is doing his best to accelerate the entropy that causes economies and societies to fall into anarchy.
When I do get blindsided by “news,” it’s making me feel like his childish attitude is “By God, if I don’t get to rule, I’m gonna make sure there’s nothing left for anyone to rule.”
But, from another perspective, I recognize why Shiva-The Destroyer, is part of the Hindu trinity.
Shiva destroys the universe at the end of a cycle, to allow a fresh new “creation” to begin.
My personal faith is unconditional love, but the pragmatist in me has also seen the green field in the high pastures of the Himalayas growing from the blackened slopes of November.
Regenerative needs to start years ago, but the manipulation of money, as John points out, has been proliferating falsehood of the magnitude of the Roman Catholic church’s insistence that the universe revolves around the earth.
It’s a time to start laying down the aces in the deck that “regenerative” is still quietly holding, and I pray that we can start putting down our personal and business agenda’s long enough to co-create the new economy that can be designed to heal the earth.
- in Accelerating the Transition, Africa, agriculture, Agriculture, Agro-Industrial, Climate change, Collaboration, electricity, Electricity consumers, Electricity Users, Energy, Energy consumers, Energy storage, Energy, Water, Food Nexus, India, Private Power, Regenerative, Regenerative Business Design., Renewable Energy, Solar, Sustainability Solutions, Systems Design, Zero Net carbon
- Leave a comment
A Blueprint for Rural Electrification: Building a Market for Mini-Grids in Niger | by Power Africa | Aug, 2020 | Medium
There is more brilliance in this than meets the eye. I designed a similar approach for rural India 6 years ago but connecting the dots has been quite a barrier in our fragmented world.
I’m elated to see this and commend Power Africa USAID for this seed that can lead to very widespread application.
- Exploring the Link Between Pollution and COVID-19 Mortality | Department of Biostatistics | Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- If you’re serious about stopping “climate change”please read this: All of it.
- The question “Can Technology alone define the future of renewables?” is indicative of how much value is hiding unnoticed.
- An Agenda for Genuine Financial Reform – CAPITAL INSTITUTE
- A Blueprint for Rural Electrification: Building a Market for Mini-Grids in Niger | by Power Africa | Aug, 2020 | Medium
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- April 2015
- September 2012
- January 2012