- in Accelerating the Transition, Air Pollution, Blocking correlation, Covert Deceptions, Electricity Users, Energy, Energy storage, Fake Green Misdirection, Indirect undermining, Is it true?, LNG Transition, Lobby and Covert anti progress legislation, Low Carbon Future, Manipulating Content, microgrids, New Looks at Old news., Nuclear, Numbing our consciousness., Overt Deceptions, poverty alleviation, economic growth, entrepreneurship, global warming, climate, Renewable Based Thermal Energy, Renewable Energy, Solar, Sorting the lies, Sustainability, The Great Deception, Transition to lower carbon
- Leave a comment
Yes dear, the universe really does revolve around the earth.
Bantering about the pro and cons of nuclear energy is as fruitful as Galileo refuting the “absolute truth” of the Roman Catholic Church which, in the 1500s, insisted that the universe does revolve around the earth.
To think otherwise remained “heresy” of some degree until Pope John Paul declared the findings of these early scientists to be great works in 1992.
When it comes to society, “beliefs” are what rule, regardless of established facts to the contrary.
Today, there are likely to be more people who believe Nuclear power is dangerous than there are members of the Christan faith.
That makes the belief that Nuclear is bad, bad, bad today’s “Absolute Truth.”
Details like the 4.6 million people dying annually from air pollution just don’t count.
The power of “absolute truth” has been demonstrated over millennia. About 400 BC it was illustrated by Socrates execution. Socrates was sentenced to death for questioning the “Absolute Truth” of the Greco-Roman philosophy and religion 400 years BC. He was often caught referring to “God” rather than the Gods.
Similar results were demonstrated when first Copernicus, then Galileo were banished by the Roman Catholic Church for challenging the “Absolute Truth” of the church that God created the universe in a way that made it revolve around the earth.
Today, what has become an “absolute truth”as established by global commerce is the danger of nuclear power. This is the prevailing belief of most of the people on earth that are privy to modern media.
Let’s look at the opposing realities regarding Nuclear generated electricity:
- Pro. If we switched to nuclear as rapidly as possible we would have enough energy to power electricity based and mostly digital civilization and stop killing the 4.6 million people who die from air pollution every year.
- Con.The 6 Trillion dollars of global trade that depends on the continuing consumption of fossil fuels would lose 80% of its trade revenues.
If there is one global “religion” today that crosses all cultures, regardless of religious beliefs it is TRADE.
And espousing paths that would jeopardize that 6-8 trillion dollars of fossil fuel related TRADE are a nonstarter. We now have the ability to electrify the world without coal. So, what?
Considering Absolute truths ©Wm Ross Williams 2019
- Exploring the Link Between Pollution and COVID-19 Mortality | Department of Biostatistics | Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- If you’re serious about stopping “climate change”please read this: All of it.
- The question “Can Technology alone define the future of renewables?” is indicative of how much value is hiding unnoticed.
- An Agenda for Genuine Financial Reform – CAPITAL INSTITUTE
- A Blueprint for Rural Electrification: Building a Market for Mini-Grids in Niger | by Power Africa | Aug, 2020 | Medium
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- April 2015
- September 2012
- January 2012